“A leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalian General Holdings announced that its World Peace Group has launched a complete set of computer peripheral reference designs based on NXP’s (NXP) Cortex M33 LPC55S26 products, including gaming keyboards. Anti Ghost Key for the mouse, 2K Report Rate for the mouse, and Hi-Res for the headset.
On April 15, 2021, Dalian General Holdings, a leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, announced that its subsidiary World Peace has launched a complete set of computer peripheral reference designs based on NXP’s (NXP) Cortex M33 LPC55S26 products. , including Anti Ghost Key for gaming keyboards, 2K Report Rate for mice, and Hi-Res for headphones.
In the era of technology empowering life, computers, as a powerful presence integrating office and entertainment, have provided many conveniences for our lives. With the continuous innovation of computer equipment, people are constantly putting forward new demands on peripheral equipment such as keyboards, mice, and headphones. “More efficient, more flexible and more interesting” has become a new trend in the development of computer peripheral equipment.
The reference design of computer peripherals based on NXP Cortex M33 LPC55S26 launched by World Peace, can help users to quickly design a set of computer peripheral products including keyboard, mouse and headset. The solution uses NXP Cortex M33 LPC55S26 MCU, which is very efficient and reliable.
Figure 1 – The real picture of the three-in-one development board of the NXP Cortex M33 LPC55S26-based gaming keyboard, mouse and headset
In circuit design, the hardware accelerator inside LPC55 MCU can assist in judging Key Scan. It adopts Port0 design, which can set the pin position according to the hardware specification of the key selected by the developer and exert high performance, and will report the key pressed or released state through Ram. Not only that, the delay time of pressing or releasing can also be set internally to achieve the best return performance. Using a hardware accelerator to assist the Key Scan function, it does not need to occupy the core of the LPC55 M33, and can also achieve a feedback speed of every 500us.
The LPC55 MCU has four groups of I2S, the design of headphones and microphones can be done through an external Codec DAC, and the maximum can be extended to 32 Bit 384KHz USB Audio. By connecting 16Bit 192K Codec DAC and AMP IC to the circuit board, you can enjoy Hi-Res sound quality.
Figure 2 – The block diagram of the NXP Cortex M33 LPC55S26-based computer peripheral reference design
Core technical advantages:
• Relevant software and hardware design, which can provide customers with rapid development;
• The development and design of LPC55Sxx hardware accelerator can assist the application of Key Scan;
• The design and program of optical Sensor corresponding to PixArt PMW3389 for LPC55Sxx;
• The design of LPC55Sxx I2S can make different correspondences for different Audio Res;
• Relevant design of active RGB LED, and related DMA control mode;
• It can be used with other boards for extended development in the future.
• The LPC552x/S2x MCU family further expands the world’s first Cortex-M33-based general-purpose MCU family, offering developers significant advantages including pinout, software and peripheral compatibility, while taking advantage of cost-effective 40nm NVM process technology;
• 256kB on-chip Flash program memory with flash accelerator and 256-byte page erase and write; 144kB total SRAM;
• DMA0 controller with 23 channels and up to 22 programmable flip-flops, capable of accessing all memory and peripherals with DMA; DMA1 controller with 10 channels and up to 16 programmable flip-flops, capable of accessing All memories and peripherals with DMA;
• The Flexcomm interface contains up to 9 serial peripherals. Each Flexcomm interface is software selectable as USART, SPI, I²C and I2S interface. The I²C bus interface supports Fast-mode and Fast-mode Plus with data rates up to 1Mbit/s with multiple address recognition and monitoring modes
USB has high-speed mode with USB PHY;
• Security: PRINCE, CASPER, AES-256, Physical Unclonable Function (PUF), Secure GPIO, Secure Boot Support, Random Number Generator (RNG);
• Package: HLQFP100 (14 mm*14mm), HTQFP64 (10 mm*10mm), VFBGA98 (7mm*7mm).
【Optical Gaming Navigation Chip Specifications】
• A wired high-end gaming mouse chip designed to provide high speed, high precision and high resolution;
• Using 16-pin dual in-line lead-frame (molded lead-frame DIP) package, and built-in 850nm infrared LED light;
• The lifting detection height of 2mm or 3mm can be customized, and the lifting detection height can be manually corrected;
• Can be used with Pristine’s LM19-LSI lenses for best performance;
• Resolution (cpi)/frame rate (fps): 16000;
• Tracking speed (ips): 400;
• Acceleration (g): 50.
Stereo output w/9-band EQ (Codec DAC):
• SWD sound widening DSP;
• Sampling rate: 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, and 96K (192K);
• *Sampling rate 192 K (playback only)
• Resolution: 16, and 24 bits;
• SNR: 90dB, THD+N: -75dB;
• Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass filters.
Mono mic input (Codec ADC):
• Sampling rate: 48K, 88.2K, and 96K;
• Internal Mic-bias out;
• Side-tone mixer;
• THD+N: -70dB (when input 200mVp-p);
• SNR: 106 dB.
【Headphone Amplifier Specifications】
• AVDD 3.3V only needs a single power supply to work;
• Selectable gain -6dB, 0dB, +3dB, +6dB;
• EN pin for MUTE, De-POP control;
• POP noise -72 dB.